Hi there, my name’s Michele.
I started this blog as a means to share my weight-loss journey and help others achieve the same results without going on dangerous, restrictive diets, but it has since evolved into so much more than that.
I’ve worn multiple hats over the years: Emotional eating survivor, microbiologist, writer, Deputy Editor at SHAPE Malaysia, American Council On Exercise-certified personal trainer, Levels 1 and 2 Precision Nutrition-certified sports nutrition coach, and now, self-care advocate.
As you might guess, I’m fascinated with food (eating habits and the cooking of, in particular), movement and learning how to take better care of myself as I make my way through this crazy, chaotic world.
To make sense of it all, I’ve made this site my digital nook where I share the experiences and lessons that I’m learning along the way.
I don’t know everything or live a perfect life, but my goal is to share everything I learn to help you get better at living yours.
If you’re new to this neck of the internet woods, welcome.
I hope you like it here.
“Calmness is the cradle of power”.
~JOSIAH GILBERT HOLLAND
Having struggled with anxiety, depression, emotional eating and my weight over extended periods of my life, I’ve made it my mission to help you get better at:
- Achieving calm in the face of stress and anxiety.
- Replacing habits and routines that aren’t serving you well with healthier ones that will.
- Eating mindfully and intuitively so that you’re able to take control of the food in your life instead of letting it control you.
- Developing the mental clarity you need to live in the present.
- Simplifying your life by letting go of the clutter, excess and chaos that’s holding you back.
- Lead a happier, more meaningful and fulfilling life.
And of course, I’ll be doing all this with you because every single one of these things is important to me too.
The path to calm isn’t an easy one, but I’m hoping that my work will make it a clearer, simpler and more meaningful one for you.
Seven Days, Seven Ways To Calm Your Mind
Take The Calm Mind Challenge [PLUS: Have my latest posts and calm-living tips sent directly to your inbox]